PETER VERGE is the Host of Dream Homes on Shaw TV, Vancouver. He started working for Shaw in 2011 as a Reporter and then was promoted to Producer and now Host. Peter is married and has a 1 year old daughter, Elise which gives him an excuse to be immature all hours of the day.
Peter currently is the Chair of the Vancouver Movember committee where he acts as a spokesperson, conducts media interviews and helps raise money and awareness for Prostate Cancer Canada and men's mental health initiatives. He is a graduate of the BCIT Broadcast Journalism and has experience working in TV and radio.
Prior to starting his career in broadcasting Peter worked as a Youth Worker for a variety of government and non-government agencies. From 2001 to 2006, Peter spent his days presenting hundreds of workshops to over 75,000 youth in schools across BC on a variety of crime prevention topics. SHAW TV VANCOUVER WORK EXPERIENCE:
SHAW TV VANCOUVER The Express Reporter (2011)
• Producing and reporting local and community television news stories. • Hosting segments and coordinating weekly programming.
CKNW AM 980 The Christy Clark/Mike Smyth Show Intern (2010-11)
• Co-hosting on-air segments in studio and on remote broadcasts. • Updating website daily to promote guests and show topics. • Assisting in promoting shows through social media. • Setting up sound and broadcast equipment for on location events. • Locating and coordinating guests for on air daily interviews based on news of the day.
OLYMPIC BROADCAST SERVICES VANCOUVER Media Liaison Officer in Whistler (2010)
• Liaison for media professionals from over 50 countries. • Escort athletes through mixed media zone for interviews. • Mediator for host broadcasters (CTV, NBC & international media). • Working with production crews troubleshooting in mixed media zone.
CORUS ENTERTAINMENT Rock 101, CKNW, AM730 & 99.3 The Fox Promo Team (2009-11)
• On-air announcer in station and on location. • Events promoter at events, coordinating guest interviews. • Working with sponsors for product promotions during events.
BRITISH COLUMBIA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY Broadcast Journalism (2009-11)
• On air news, sports desker, and reporter for Evolution 107.9 FM. • Television producer, editor, and reporter for BCIT Magazine. • Training in photography, audio/video shooting and editing.
MOLSON COORS CANADA Puck Party Host (2010-11)
• Molson Canadian Puck Party host/coordinator. • Coordinating audience participation, contests during hockey games. • Promoting Molson products in organization with bar staff. • Hosting trivia questions, prizes, and sound equipment set up.
WORKZONE EMPLOYMENT SERVICES Young Adult Employment Counselor in Penticton (2006-07)
• Assisting clients in creating portfolios for labour market. • Connecting with local at risk youth through community outreach. • Assisting clients in career decision making and navigation.
CHILDREN OF THE STREET SOCIETY Workshop Facilitator (2001-06)
• Developing workshops on youth social issues (racism, homophobia, sexism, violence prevention, sexual exploitation, and gang violence). • Interacting and presenting workshops to 75,000+ students in 500+ schools and leadership conferences in BC. • Presenting workshops for children, youth, service providers, parents and police throughout BC.
• Presenter for World Urban Forum hosted by United Nations. (2006) • Yearly presenter at the British Columbia Youth Police Network conference, Sexual Exploitation Awareness Week annual conference, and BC Crime Prevention Association annual symposium (2001-2005). • Keynote speaker at Union of British Columbia Municipalities conference. (2004) • Presenter at the World Police Conference in Abbotsford, BC. (2004) • Co-founder of the Summerland Boys and Girls Club (2001).